Sunday, November 6, 2011

How To Create Mutually Beneficial Collaborations



Collaborations seek to increase marketing and advertising efforts to a new subset of each brand's target customer.  I'd say many designers aspire to doing collaborations with well-known and established businesses - especially ones that jive with its own brand identify. 

When I saw Missoni's collaboration with the well know brand of Italian sparkling water, San Pellegrino, I immediately thought it was a clever unity.  It's not just that the two brands are Italian, but they are both lifestyle brands which target the same demographic consumer - a contemporary with an eye for style and class, who wants to enjoy the simplicity of life amidst their hectic schedule.  Even though I own a Missoni scarf, I do not identify as a Missoni customer, but I had to purchase the water nonetheless!  Why not extend my style from my closet to my refrigerator?        

Although I don't see any huge collaborations like this in my near future, I know that spreading the word with collaborators about my new line, Presenza, will be key. I see my relationships with local retailers and bloggers and stylists nationwide, as the best way to spread the word in order to reach Presenza's target lifestyle client - the woman on-the-go who seek to dress in feminine, classic and sophisticated pieces for foolproof dressing.


Until San Pellegrino is calling me, I'll sip my bubbly as a relaxing interlude to my busy days. 


The bottles I purchased from World Market.


Be sure to buy a vacuum seal to keep the effervescence of the product. Available at World Market for less than $10.

No comments: